Thursday, July 22, 2010

“I Will Take Him By The Hand And Lead Him Into Paradise.”




Abu Dharr (may Allah be pleased with him) said:

I said, “O Messenger of Allah , what will save a person from Hellfire?”

He said, “Belief in Allah.”

I said, “O Messenger of Allah, are there are any deeds that should accompany that belief?”

He said, ‘He should give from that provision which Allah has granted him.”

I said, “O Messenger of Allah, what if he is poor and does not have anything to give?”

He said, “He should enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil.”

I said, “O Messenger of Allah, what if he cannot enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil?”

He said, “He should help the one who is helpless (i.e., has no skills and cannot earn a learning).”

I said, “What if he himself is helpless and cannot do anything?”

He said, “He should help one who has been wronged.”

I said, “What if he is weak and cannot help one who has been wronged?”

He said, “You do not want to think of your companion as having any good in him. Let him refrain from harming people.”

I said, “O Messenger of Allah, if he does that, will he enter Paradise?”

He said, “There is no believer who does not strive to acquire one of these characteristics, but I will take him by the hand and lead him into Paradise.”
[Al-Bayhaqi. Classed as sahih by al-Albani in at-Targhib, 876]






Bookmark and Share

Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers